banner

banner

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Deviant (Blood and Roses) by Callie Hart

DEVIANT (BLOOD and ROSES)
By Callie Hart

SYNOPSIS

*Please be aware that this is a Dark Romance novel and deals with serious themes, including violence and murder* 

This story is the first part in a series, each approx. 30-40k words in length.

Sloane

I'm not proud of the things I've done.
The things I've had to do.
The things I've given away.
but I'd give it all over again to find her.

Even if i die trying,
I have to find Alexis.


Zeth

She wants me to help her,
But I won't.
She wants me to save her sister,
But I can't.
She wants me to be her hero,
But I'm not a good man.

I am her damnation.

Genre: Contemporary, Dark Romance
Price: FREE (reg. $.99)
Purchase Links: Amazon US / Amazon UK
Add to Goodreads


NAUGHTY MOMS' REVIEW

As a new blogger, I'm still getting by bearings and learning the mechanics of the blogging business. I started by signing up to do ARC reviews of a couple books and signed up with Callie Hart to review Fracture.  When I received the ARC to review I learned it was in fact a follow up to Deviant (Blood and Roses). So to familiarize myself with the story line and characters, I looked into downloading Callie's first book. Because I'm a self-confessed Kindle eBook hoarder, I found out I'd already purchased this book and it was in line to be read. *yay me*. So I immediately hopped to it. 

I was immediately drawn in with the mysterious circumstances that the story began with. Within the first chapter I was intrigued with the situation Sloan was involved in and the mystery man she meets. The intimate scene was undoubtedly sexy and HOT. 

With dual POV; which I love, we not only see what is driving Sloan to do what she does, but we learn more about the danger surrounding this mystery man, Zeth and the life he leads. He's the ultimate bad boy who'll do anything that suits his needs. In his world there are no hearts and flowers. He doesn't want any part of that. Women are only a means to an end. 

Both Sloan and Zeth find themselves drawn to each other and have a chemistry they can't make sense of. Both denying it to themselves and each other. Zeth knows Sloan will do whatever it takes to get the information she needs and he's willing to use that. 

I felt extremely drawn to each character. Sloan's strong will and Zeth's dangerous life compelled me to keep reading into the wee hours of the morning. I just couldn't put my phone down... sleep be damned. 

The chemistry with these two was smoking hot with a whole lot of intrigue surrounding Sloan's and Zeth's lives. By the time I finished, I immediately opened up Fracture to find out what happens next. 

You'll find yourself pulled in and you won't want out. 

Fracture is set for release April 7th.  

No comments:

Post a Comment